Wednesday 22 November 2017

London Labour Board and DaWN CLP: at least consider reasonable adjustments

The LondonLabour Party Regional Conference 2017 takes place this Saturday and Sunday, 27th & 28th November. The Conference is being staged at the TUC's HQ, Congress House. On receiving confirmation of my place at the conference I contacted the organiser to request parking as a Blue Badge holder at the venue (there are four parking bays on the front of the building).
The organiser responded telling me there was no parking available; and suggested that I seek out on-street parking or find a carpark. From the response I received it is quite obvious that the London Labour Board organiser had made no attempt to speak with the TUC to seek a reasonable adjustment. For, when I contacted the TUC they had not been contacted by the LLB to request parking.
The TUC agreed to allow me to park in their forecourt carpark, simply requesting the make of my car and its registration.
Sadly, I find that the Labour Party can be either unwilling to consider reasonable requests or sometimes obstructive. My CLP refuses to make a reasonable adjustment to its start time of 8.30pm. Though they put forward reasons for holding meetings so late, these are usually things that can be adjusted or changed. However, I'm unable to control chronic pain and fatigue in the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags