Tuesday 13 February 2018

Living beneath a sociopath

Since a shouting match between my upstairs neighbour, her sister and me two-and-a-half years ago I have drawn back. Shouting and cursing at my anti-social neighbour, I found, was a waste of time. Instead I kept a noise diary and passed this onto my landlord, a large housing association. This may have galvanised my landlord into speaking with my neighbour, as a period of peace broke out. Lulled by the peace and quiet that broke out, I allowed the complaint to sit on the table.

It turned out that he period of peace was due to my neighbour moving out for weeks and months at a time. As far as I was concerned as this helped me keep my sanity if she never returns it will be too soon.

Sadly, she has returned. For more than a week I've heard my nasty neighbour moving about. Though on edge, I felt she has a right to live there, and hopefully her self-imposed exiles might have instilled a bit of co-existence into her. You know, when knowing you have a neighbour living below, don't bounce a medicine ball on the floor; or, refrain from carrying out weight lifting; or, whatever-the-fuck she does to sound like the 1812 Overture.

The first few days I picked up bits and pieces of everyday noise. No problem, none of us can move around without making some noise. This weekend she had ratcheted up both the noise levels and frequency of loud banging. By today my radiators were back to humming like tuning forks as batteries of cannon caused them to vibrate.

Fuck it. I've had enough of her fucking nonsense. My poxy neighbour's attitude, her flagrant disregard for my wellbeing has pushed me into a position of all out war. This neighbour has deepened my depression; at times last year the state of my mental health was very fragile.

I have tried to set up some kind of mediation with my neighbour. She turns down all attempts to sit down and talk. The woman is a sociopath. So, I'm going to use every means I can to get her out of my life. Today I began the process by writing a strong letter to my housing officer while copying in my MP and three councillors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags