Sunday 7 August 2016

Desperate Time for Owen Smith

Just had one of my local councillors on the phone. Wanted to know which way I would vote in the leadership election. "Corbyn", said I. "Oh", said he.

"I'm guessing that's not the response you were hoping for," I quipped.

He then attempted to explain why he was voting for Owen Smith. When he got to the part where Smith was the only viable choice if we wanted to win a General Election, I stopped him in his tracks.

"Look her, while your lot, the Blairites and Progress, are stabbing him in the back whether in the Commons or between the pages of the scum press, where you're as likely to read a feature by a Labour MP as you are any scab Tory MP, how can he possibly take on the Tories?

At that he hung up. I'm guessing he's getting a fair few answers in that vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags